Homework is work that is set to be completed outside the timetabled curriculum. Homework activities are an important part of our home/school partnership and all students are expected to complete homework to enhance and support their work in class. This is especially important following Covid and recent school closures.
At The Hastings Academy we set homework to:
- Promote independent learning, study skills and resilience
- Consolidate and extend work covered in class
- Develop research skills
- Show progress and understanding
- Engage parental co-operation and support
- Create channels for home school dialogue
- Cover content (pre and post classroom learning)
- Ensure all students are able to re-cap on their learning
All homework tasks will be set on ClassCharts. To support students in the completion of their homework we provide a weekly Homework Hub.
Year 7 & 8 - Monday
Year 9, 10 & 11 - Tuesday
Sessions run from 3pm - 4pm in the West Hill computer room.
We also encourage parents and students to contact their subject teachers should they experience difficulties in completing the homework, or foresee that it may not be completed on time. Detentions for the non-completion of homework may be given if there is no reasonable justification for its non-completion.
The following tables shows the homework task, duration and frequency. This is intended as a guide to support students and help parents plan for the completion of their homework. Additional homework may be given throughout the year and through school holidays. Please support us to support your child by ensuring they have a space to complete this.